Every year many people I follow on social media choose their one, or three words, for the year. In year’s past I’ve participated in this effort. It was a fun challenge, but what I learned is I’d like to give the effort more focus, intention, and make it bigger than myself.
Starting in 2019, I’m putting my energy toward this new mantra:
This is something I’m trying to live into. I hope to lead by example for my family, my friends, co-workers, and people I run across every day.
I’ll be the first to admit this approach is strongly supported by the life, work, and words of Bob Goff, author of Love Does and Everybody Always. If you’re not familiar with Bob you should be. These two books are super easy reads, entertaining, and inspiring. I recommend the Audible versions where you can hear Bob sharing his stories with you in his own voice.
Curious how you might apply Love GOES in your own life?
Bob shares a great tip in the video below:
How could you let love guide you?
- Share a simple smile as you walk past someone
- Send a quick text or email of encouragement
- Find a cause you believe in and spend a day volunteering
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line
- Be more present in conversations
- Pick a relationship or two to invest in with more intent
- Share your story with someone and find a connection point